IOMP Travel Awards
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
- To assist medical physicists from IOMP member organizations in developing countries to participate in World Congress 2012 and help them to become more effective in promoting the advancement of medical physics in their own countries.
- To foster international co-operation in the field of medical physics between all member countries of the IOMP.
- A fixed award of $1,200 shall be made to each successful applicant to partially cover the registration fee and travel expenses to attend the World Congress 2012 in Beijing.
GUIDELINES FOR FUNDING
Candidates who comply with all the mandatory requirements shall be assessed and scored according to the evaluation criteria shown below.
A. Mandatory Requirements
- The applicant must be a medical physicist from an IOMP member organization.
- Application must be submitted through the IOMP national organization by email.
- National organization must have paid the IOMP membership dues or exempted from payment.
- The applicant must personally give a presentation for which he/she is a first author.
- Maximum number of awards is determined based on the medical physicist population of the country on record. For example, if a country has two IOMP delegates, the maximum number of awards is two.
- The applicant must have not received any previous World Congress Travel Assistance.
- After the Congress all awardees shall within two months each submit a short report to the IOMP Secretary-General on what was accomplished personally and on behalf of the national organization, with copies to the same email addresses as the application was sent, including the national organization official
B. Evaluation Criteria
- Number of abstracts accepted for presentation at WC2012.
- Physicists from the least developed countries (where the applicant works) will be given higher priority.
- Physicists in the first five years of their career may be given higher priority.
- Value of attending WC2012 for applicant and national organization as judged by case put forward by the applicant under the Motivation section. Applicant is an official of an IOMP national organization or is designated the proxy of the official, participating in WC2012.
C. Number of Awards
Eight awards were given in 2009. Number for 2012 is to be determined.
download the application form in MS-Word fomat
Sponsors of WC2012